Photographs / images are not to be taken at matches or training without the prior permission of the parents/carers of the children. This permission can be given by proxy by the coach of each team only after parental consent for this has been granted. The coach must arrange this prior to attending matches.
The children should be informed that a person will be taking photographs.
The children should be informed that if they have concerns they can report these to the coach or team manager.
Concerns regarding inappropriate or intrusive photography should be reported to the Club Welfare Officer and recorded in the same manner as any other child protection concern.
Use of images of children, (for example on the web, in the media or in league handbooks)
– We will ask for parental permission to use your child’s image and wherever possible show the image to you and child in advance. This ensures that you are aware of the way the image will be used to represent Cricket and the Club
– Ask for the child’s permission to use their image. This ensures that they are aware of the way the image is to be used to represent Cricket and the Club
– If the Cricketer is named, we will avoid using their photograph
– If a photograph is used, we will avoid naming the child
– We will only use images of children in appropriate kit (training or competition), to reduce the risk of inappropriate use, and to provide positive images of the children
– Encourage the reporting of inappropriate use of images of children. If you are concerned, report your concerns to the Club Welfare Officer
Using Video as a coaching aid:
There is no intention on the part of the ECB to prevent Club Coaches using video equipment as a legitimate coaching aid. However, Players and Parents/Carers should be aware that this is part of the Coaching programme and care should be taken in the storing of such films.
The Parents/Carers and children must provide written consent for the use of photography and video analysis.