1. NAME – The Club shall be called Farnham Cricket Club and its colours shall be Black and White. The primary purpose is the playing and promotion of cricket at all levels. The Headquarters of the Club shall be at the Pavilion, Farnham Park, Farnham, Surrey GU9 0AU. The Club is a non-profit making organisation and all money, property or other gain must be for the benefit of the club or for charitable, benevolent or political purposes.
2. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES – To ensure that all members, playing and non playing, abide by the ECB Code of Conduct, which incorporates the Spirit of Cricket and by the Laws of Cricket.
To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club by adopting and implementing the ECB “Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children” and any future versions of the Policy.
To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club by adopting and implementing the ECB Cricket Equity Policy and any future versions of the Policy.
To encourage all members to participate fully in the activities of the club.
3. PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENTS – The President and Vice- Presidents shall be honorary. Their role is to support the Club and to promote it within the local community and with other cricketing organisations whilst enjoying the privileges of membership. They shall be appointed at each Annual General Meeting.
4. OFFICERS – The Officers of the Club shall be honorary and consist of a Chairman, Captains and Vice-Captains of teams, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Team Secretary, Fixtures Secretary, Operations Officer, Cricket Officer, Coaching and Youth Cricket Secretary, Marketing Officer and Club Welfare Officer, all to be elected at each Annual General Meeting.
a) The Committee shall consist of the following, Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Operations Officer, Cricket Officer, Club Welfare Officer and Marketing Officer all elected at the Annual General Meeting. The committee may, at its discretion co-opt additional members to the committee on either a permanent or temporary basis.
The committee may also form & dissolve sub committees within each of the main committee functions as the need arises.
b) The Chairman of the Club shall be Chairman of the Committee for the period until the following Annual General Meeting and the Committee shall meet at least once per month during the playing season and as often as they deem necessary during the close season. The committee shall meet at its discretion but not less than quarterly.
c) At Committee Meetings five shall form a quorum and a unanimous or majority vote shall prevail except as otherwise specifically provided in these rules.
d) In the absence of reason considered adequate by the other Committee Members, a Committee Member absent from three consecutive meetings shall be considered to
e) The Teams Selection Sub-Committee shall consist of the Captains and the Vice-Captains and Team Secretary.
a) Membership of the Club shall be open to all irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, creed, colour, social status, sexual orientation, and must have at least 25 members. All applications for membership must be vetted by the Club Welfare Officer and Club Secretary prior to approval.
A limitation of membership according to available facilities is allowable on a non discriminatory basis
b) Membership of the Club shall be divided as follows:
- President and Vice-Presidents. Vice-Presidents may be appointed up to any number and such appointments shall come up for review at each Annual General Meeting.
- Life Members as elected at an Annual General Meeting.
- Senior Playing Members, being those aged 18 years and over on 1st May of the current season.
- Junior Playing Members, being those aged 15 years but under 18 years on 1st May of the current season. Boy/Girl members shall be entitled to such coaching, playing and use of the Club’s premises and facilities as the Committee shall from time to time decide and the Committee may impose a ban on further admissions to such membership at its discretion.
- Non Playing Members.
- Family Members, being those parents/guardians only who have children fully paid up as Junior Playing Members.
- Honorary Members. Honorary Members may be appointed at the Annual General Meeting for such terms of membership as the meeting shall direct. The Committee may appoint Honorary Members during periods between Annual General Meetings but such appointments shall be only for the period up to the next Annual General Meeting or such less period as the Committee may decide.
- Temporary Members. The Committee may nominate Temporary Members in circumstances which appear to them to justify such appointments but in no case shall such appointments exceed seven days in duration and any such appointment shall be subject to the proposed Temporary Member’s name and address being for not less than three days before the appointment displayed in the Club’s premises in a part frequented by the Members.
- Patrons. Business houses and similar organisations wishing to support the Club may be nominated and appointed at the Annual General Meeting as Patrons, such appointments to be reviewed at the Annual General Meeting.
c) Admission to Membership. Admission to membership shall not be granted until at least three days after application approval.
d) Refusal of Membership. The Club Committee may refuse membership, only for
good cause such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club or sport into disrepute.
Appeal against refusal maybe made to the Members.
e) Termination of Membership. The Club Committee may remove membership, only for good cause such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club or sport into disrepute. Before any such Member is expelled the discipline and appeals procedure in Rule 7 must be worked through.
7. DISCIPLINE AND APPEALS – All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be lodged in writing with the Secretary.
The Committee shall appoint a Disciplinary sub-committee who will meet to hear complaints within 7 days of a complaint being lodged. Any member requested to attend a Disciplinary sub- committee shall be entitled to be accompanied by a friend or other representative and to call witnesses. The Committee (or its sub-committee) has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action, including the termination of membership.
The outcome of the disciplinary hearing shall be put in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 days following the hearing.
There shall be a right of appeal to the Committee against either the finding or the sanction imposed or both following disciplinary action being taken. The Committee shall appoint an Appeals Committee (a maximum of three) which shall not include members involved with the initial disciplinary hearing but may include non members of the club. The Appeals Committee shall consider the appeal within 5 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal. The individual submitting the appeal shall be entitled to be accompanied by a friend or other representative and to call witnesses.
The decision of the Appeals Committee shall be final and binding on all parties.
a) The rate of Subscriptions and normal match fees shall be fixed annually by the Annual General Meeting. The only exception being that if a member plays less than 6 games in a season, they can apply for a 33% refund of Subscriptions only, subject to the Captains discretion. Where matches entail what is, in their view abnormal expenditure, the Committee shall have power to determine what alternative match fee shall be paid.
b) Annual subscriptions shall be paid before 31st March. A playing member whose subscription remains unpaid on that date shall be ineligible for further selection save
with prior consent of the Committee until his/her subscription is paid. A Member joining the Club after the season has begun shall pay his/her subscription as soon as his/her membership is approved at such a rate as the Committee shall decide.
c) At the discretion of the Committee the rate of subscription may be varied in exceptional circumstances.
9. PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERSHIP
a) All members (other than Boy/Girl Members) shall be entitled to full use of the pavilion and its equipment, and their guests shall (except as otherwise provided in these rules) have like privilege when accompanying such Members. The Committee may make rules with regard to the use of the pavilion and its equipment in the interest of Members generally and may restrict the use referred to herein to such an extent as they consider desirable on particular occasions.
b) All Members have a responsibility to ensure that this privilege is restricted to themselves and their guests and likewise that the utmost care is taken of all Club property.
c) Members of visiting clubs and their guests shall have access to and full use of the facilities of the pavilion for the duration of their visit subject to visiting Captains first inserting the names of their parties in the Visitors’ Book.
d) The pavilion or other club premises may be open between the hours of 10.30 am and 11.00 pm on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive, and from 12 noon to 10.30 pm on Sundays, Christmas Day and Good Friday.
a) The management of the bar shall be vested in the Committee who, without prejudice to their own direct responsibility, may appoint a Sub- Committee to supervise bar matters.
b) Other than sales under Section 49 of the Licensing Act 1964, to visitors entitled to
use the Club’s premises and its facilities as provided in Rule 7 above, no transaction in respect of intoxicating liquor shall be entered into with any person who is a Junior Playing Member or Boy/Girl Member of the Club or with any other person who is not a member of the Club. To this end Members introducing guests shall ensure that no attempt is made by such persons to make purchases and the bar attendant if in doubt shall require proof of membership from any would-be purchaser. All supplies shall be for consumption on the premises and no person shall obtain liquor for persons under 18 years of age.
c) The permitted hours for the sale of intoxicating liquor on the Club’s premises shall be at the discretion of the Committee of the Club as agreed from time to time subject to the licensing constraints as follows:
i) Weekdays (including Saturdays) between 10.30 am and 11.00 pm.
ii) Sundays, Christmas Day and Good Friday between 12 noon and 10.30 pm but with
a maximum of 5 1/2 hours in total with a break of not less than two hours including 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm and not more then 3 1/2 hours after 5.00 pm. Drinking up time may be no more than 20 minutes.
d) In no circumstances will service from the bar or supply in any other manner take place outside the permitted hours and no person not appointed by the Committee or Bar Sub-Committee for the purpose shall be entitled to serve liquor.
e) A separate bar account shall be kept.
f) The Club or its Officers or Sub-Committees are not entitled to make any arrangements restricting the Club’s freedom to purchase alcohol.
g) Alcohol must not be supplied, or intended to be supplied, to members on the premises otherwise than by or on behalf of Farnham Cricket Club.
11. GENERAL MEETINGS.
a) The Annual General Meeting shall be held annually during the last quarter of every calendar year.
b) At least 28 days’ notice of an Annual General Meeting shall be given to all Members (other than Boy/Girl Members who shall not be entitled to attend) and for matters for inclusion in the Agenda shall be notified in writing to the Secretary at least 14 days in advance of the meeting except as otherwise specifically provided in these Rules.
c) A unanimous or majority vote shall prevail except as otherwise specifically provided
in these Rules.
d) At all General Meetings, the right to vote in the election of Officers other than the President and Chairman and on any proposal to amend this Rule shall be restricted to Life Members, Senior Playing Members, Junior Playing Members, Non-Playing Members (being those over the age of 15 years on 1st May of the current playing season), and Officers and Members of the Committee. On all matters arising including the election of the President and Chairman, all Members lawfully attending shall have equal voting rights, the Chairman having a further casting vote when necessary.
e) Voting for Officers and Committee shall be by ballot.
f) An Extraordinary General Meeting can be called by the Committee, or on receipt by the Secretary of a request signed by not less than 10 Members for such a meeting.
The request served on the Secretary shall contain a statement of reasons for the desired meeting. The Committee may summon an Extraordinary General Meeting at any time they deem necessary. The Notice summoning an Extraordinary General Meeting shall be of not less than 10 days.
a) Only the Committee, or any Member of the Sub-Committee appointed by them with power to do so, shall have power to expend Clubs funds.
b) Proper books of account are to be kept. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the supervision and operation of the Club’s accounts and cheques on the account shall be signed by him and the Secretary.
c) A Balance Sheet and an Income and Expenditure Account shall be drawn up on the 30th September in every year and shall be presented by the Treasurer to the members at the next following Annual General Meeting.
If at any General Meeting of the club, a resolution be passed calling for the dissolution of the club, the Secretary shall immediately convene a Special General Meeting of the club to be held not less than one month thereafter to discuss and vote on the resolution.
If at that Special meeting, the resolution is carried by at least three quarters of the Full Voting Membership present at the meeting, the Committee shall thereupon, or at such a date as shall have been specified in the resolution, proceed to realise the assets of the club and discharge all debts and liabilities of the club
The Committee will then be responsible for the orderly winding up of the club’s affairs
After settling all liabilities of the club, the Committee shall dispose of the net assets remaining to one or more of the following:
To another club with similar sports purposes which is a registered charity and/or
To another club with similar sports purposes which is a registered Community Amateur Sports Club
a) These rules shall remain in force until amended or repealed at a General Meeting.
b) Proposals to amend the Rules must be made in writing to the Secretary by the 30th September in any year and details of all proposed amendments shall be included by him/her in the Notice summoning the next following Annual General Meeting.
c) A proposal to amend the Rules duly put to the vote shall not be deemed to be carried unless at least two thirds of those present and eligible to vote declare in favour of the proposal.
d) On any matters requiring interpretation of these Rules or not covered thereby the decision of the Committee, subject to any subsequent decision of a General Meeting, shall be final.
Latest Copy for Issue 23-02-09